Step 1: Recruitment
- Can last a few weeks up to a whole semester (based on school requirements)
- Use the time to introduce PNMs to LKS, what we stand for, etc.
Step 2: Bids or Invitations
- Your chapter can decide who to extend a bid to join LKS.
Step 3: Induction Ceremony
- Marks the beginning of Orientation.
- No Orientation activities should occur before this point.
- PNMs should be given the New Member Pin and other materials needed for the Orientation period after the ceremony.
Step 4: Orientation
- PNMs should meet with sisters on a regular basis to learn about LKS, the chapter, fraternity structure, etc.
- Use the standard orientation guide/”New Member Experience” as a guide to help PNMs learn.
Step 5: Sunrise Ceremony
- Held at the half way point of Orientation
- Used to evaluate whether a PNM would like to continue with the Orientation process
- Ceremony does not need to be held at sunrise!
Step 6: Initiation Ceremony
- Marks the end of Orientation and the beginning of a PNMs full LKS membership.
- PNMs can now learn our secrets and password.
- Process the PNMs with Headquarters.
- Must be performed within 30 days of the end of Orientation.